Otto Adds Martin to Development and Ops Team
Australian oil and energy explorer Otto Energy has named Craig Martin as its manager of operations and development.
Martin has over 20 years experience in upstream oil and gas operations in a diversity of roles including geosciences, petroleum engineering, field development, production and operations management, gas and liquids marketing, asset management and business planning. He has worked for operating companies including Santos, Cultus Petroleum, Gulf Australia, Newfield Exploration, OMV, Coogee Resources and Nido Petroleum.
According to Alex Parks, Otto's CEO, Martin's experience in offshore oil production and field development in Australia and more recent assignments in the Philippines will assist Otto to realize first oil from the Calauit Field in the Philippines by the 1st quarter, 2008.
Martin holds a Bachelor of Science Degree (Geology), a Master of Business Administration and Graduate Diploma in Oil and Gas Engineering. He is a member of the Society of Petroleum Engineers (SPE), the American Association of Petroleum Geologists (AAPG), the Petroleum Exploration Society of Australia (PESA) and the Australian Mining and Petroleum Law Association (AMPLA).
"Craig has a strong track record in the oil and gas industry and will be a tremendous
acquisition to our development and operations team as we progress our exploration
targets," said Parks. "Craig will initially focus on the Calauit oil development project in the Philippines, where we hope to be on production in early 2008."
West Perth-based oil and gas explorer Otto Energy limited ("OEL") listed on the ASX on 20 December
2004 and has assembled a balanced portfolio of oil and gas exploration and production projects in the
Philippines, Turkey and Argentina.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Santos Ltd. more info
- Santos Seen Luring More Bids After Rejecting $7.2 Billion Offer (Nov 16)
- Australia's Santos Steps Up Effort To Avert LNG Export Curb (Aug 30)
- Australia Plans LNG Export Limits to Help Ease Local Price Pain (Apr 27)
Company: OMV more info
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Nido Petroleum more info
- Philippines' Galoc Phase 3 Oil Field Development Plan for Start-up in 2019 (Aug 17)
- Partners Nearer to Further Development of Galoc Oil Field Offshore Palawan (Jul 14)
- Otto Energy Completes Sale of Galoc Production Co. Stake to Nido for $106M (Feb 17)
Company: Otto Energy more info
- Philippines DOE Grants Moratorium on Palawan Basin's SC55 Work Program (Jun 17)
- Otto Launches Legal Action Against Swala Over Tanzania's Pangani License (May 13)
- Otto Energy Updates on Drilling at SM-71 #1 Discovery in the Gulf of Mexico (Apr 27)
Company: Coogee Resources more info
- PTTEP Inks Agreement to Acquire 100% of Coogee Resources for $170MM (Dec 26)
- Coogee Resources to Initiate 100% Sale of Company (Oct 17)
- Coogee Resources to Abandon Wisteria-1 (Sep 18)
Company: Cultus Petroleum more info
- Otto Adds Martin to Development and Ops Team (Feb 05)