Rocksource Marks Milestone in UKCS 24th Round
Rocksource UK ("Rocksource"), a subsidiary in Rocksource ASA Group has been awarded four licenses covering a total of 16 blocks on the United Kingdom Continental Shelf (UKCS) 24th Licensing Round.
Gregor Maxwell, VP Exploration in Rocksource, said:
"This award marks a major milestone in the development of our exploration portfolio. We have been awarded all the licenses we applied for in one of the most competitive UKCS Licensing Round to date. This proves that our exploration competence is well regarded both in the industry and by the authorities.
"The award consists of a Promote license for block 208/26, which Rocksource holds on a 100% basis, two Frontier licenses (11 blocks or part blocks) where Rocksource is in partnership with OMV (Operator) and Dana and a third Frontier license (4 blocks) with Talisman (Operator).
"This will give Rocksource access to prospective
acreage in the UK together with established
operators, and give us several opportunities to
test prospects by using electromagnetic (EM)
technology. We very much look forward to working
in our new partnerships, and to contribute our
exploration competence and EM technology."
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: OMV more info
- OMV Ramps Up Search For Gas In Austria (Jan 29)
- Qatargas Signs Deal To Deliver LNG To Austria's OMV (Dec 20)
- CEO: OMV To Become Bigger, Grow Marketing Outside Of Europe (Dec 20)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Rocksource ASA more info
- Gas Discovery at Ivory Well Inconclusive (Dec 02)
- VNG's Pil Well Flows at 6,710 Bopd (Apr 10)
- VNG Norge Hits Oil, Gas with Pil Well (Mar 06)