Stratic Wins Four Blocks on UKCS
Stratic Energy Corporation said that its wholly-owned UK subsidiary, Stratic Energy (UK) Limited, has been awarded interests in four blocks in the recent United Kingdom Continental Shelf ("UKCS") 24th Seaward Licensing Round.
Blocks 15/23c, 15/24a(part), 15/28a(part) and 15/29e are contiguous blocks located in the Outer Moray Firth area of the North Sea and have been awarded to Stratic in partnership with Nippon Oil Exploration & Production U.K. Limited ("Nippon"), Hunt Petroleum UK Ltd ("Hunt") and Britcana Energy Limited ("Britcana"). Nippon will act as Operator holding a 30% working interest with Stratic and Hunt also holding 30% each. Britcana will hold a 10% interest in the venture.
The blocks, which are located in a highly prolific area to the west of the existing Brenda and Balmoral fields and to the north of the Britannia field, have been awarded with an initial four-year work program comprising two firm and two contingent wells. Multiple prospects and leads have been identified at a number of stratigraphic levels. A Jurassic gas condensate discovery, Bowmore, drilled in 1990, is located on the awarded acreage along with a number of Paleocene prospects and a deep play concept to the north of the existing Britannia field. Together, Stratic and its joint-venture partners believe that they provide a portfolio of attractive exploration and appraisal opportunities.
Commenting on Friday's announcement, Kevin Watts, Stratic's CEO said "we are pleased with the award and the continuing joint-venture relationship with Nippon in the North Sea. We also look forward to working alongside both Hunt and Britcana. The prospectivity of the blocks is exciting and fits with our North Sea strategy of acquiring acreage containing under-appraised discoveries within a proven hydrocarbon system and in close proximity to existing infrastructure."
- Hunt Oil Company Says It Will Cut 10% Of Its Workforce (Apr 07)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- KNOC Subsidiary Gathers Canadian Assets From Hunt (Dec 15)
Company: Nippon Oil Exploration more info
- Canadian Oil Sands Halts Syncrude Production After Fire, Prices Spike (Aug 31)
- Tap Updates Zola-1 Drilling in Carnarvon Basin (Dec 22)
- Iraq-Nippon Talks on Nassiriya Oil Field Deadlocked (Mar 01)
Company: Stratic Energy more info
- EnQuest Commences Drilling at West Don Field (Aug 09)
- EnQuest Increases Reserves in North Sea with Stratic Acquisition (Aug 03)
- Stratic Highlights 1Q10 Financial, Operational Results (May 28)
Company: Britcana Energy Limited more info
- Gulf Shores to Participate in Petro Canada North Sea Project (Oct 16)
- Operators Abandoned Lytham Well (Aug 17)
- Stratic Wins Four Blocks on UKCS (Feb 02)