Aker Kvaerner to Expand Presence in Brazil
Aker Kvaerner will build a state-of-the-art riser manufacturing facility and expand its subsea aftermarket facility in Rio das Ostras, Brazil. It is the first company to manufacture drilling risers in Brazil, making this facility the first of its kind in the region.
The new drilling risers' facility will allow Aker Kvaerner to extend the existing subsea aftermarket services for the riser business. The expansion start-up is scheduled for the third quarter of 2007.
"This expansion is part of an important milestone for Aker Kvaerner's aftermarket and risers businesses. As well as matching the increasing demand for highly specialized subsea services, Aker Kvaerner is supporting the development of Rio de Janeiro state industry and reinforcing its established position of strong supplier of subsea equipment in Brazil," says Marcelo Taulois, President, Aker Kvaerner in Brazil.
The extension comprises an additional 1600m2 to the existing aftermarket workshop, matching the increasing local demand for subsea aftermarket services, plus the acquisition of an adjacent 13000m2 area where the new drilling risers manufacturing facility is to be installed.
The new drilling manufacturing facility will be equipped with all processes to manufacture riser systems from start to finish, including welding lines, assembly, testing, blasting and surface treatment lines.
The first contracts are to supply three full subsea drilling risers systems, featuring Aker Kvaerner's innovative CLIP riser system, to Brazilian drilling group Queiroz Galvao Oleo e Gas.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Queiroz Galvao more info
Manages 2 Offshore Rigs
- Karoon Contracts Olinda Star Semisub for Drilling in Brazil's Santos Basin (Dec 24)
- QGEP Says Brazil Manati Field Holds 477 Bcf of Gas (Aug 13)
- Mayor: Petrobras Close to Suspending Contract for Two Platforms (Jun 09)