Intec Engineering Wins Subsea Contract for Shenzi Project
INTEC Engineering has been awarded the deepwater Subsea Development Execution Support Contract in the Gulf of Mexico by the Shenzi joint venture. The award is a continuation of engineering support that commenced with pre-feasibility, FEED, and detail engineering and will continue through December 2008. BHP Billiton is the operator of the Shenzi oil and gas field. Co-venturers included Repsol YPF and Hess Corporation.
The Shenzi project is located in Green Canyon Blocks 609, 610, 653, and 654 in approximately 4,400 feet of water. The subsea development includes three main drill centers supporting up to 15 oil wells. Initial production is routed through four manifolds via four production SCRs. The INTEC scope for this work includes the detailed design of the Shenzi in-field risers, flowlines, manifolds, rigid pipe jumpers, gas-lift distribution units (GLDUs), thermal analysis, support for the invitation to bid and technical review of bids, technical review of third-party designs, and subsea equipment installation support.
"Award of the Shenzi project represents for INTEC a continuation of significant engineering projects for existing and new clients across the world, including challenging new projects with record tieback distances, major FPSOs and ultra-deepwater subsea developments." said Bruce Crager, INTEC President and CEO.
INTEC is a leading engineering and project management company serving the international oil and gas industry with 450 employees and offices in Houston, London, Delft, Kuala Lumpur, Perth, Rio de Janeiro and Mexico City. Its technical disciplines include marine pipelines and risers, subsea systems, systems engineering, flow assurance, floating systems, LNG terminals and marine installation management. INTEC is a Heerema Group company.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Private Oil Made a Big Find in Mexico. Now State Oil Wants a Cut (Oct 04)
- BHP Gearing Up to Start Drilling for Oil in Mexico's Deep Waters (Oct 02)
- BHP To Quit US Shale Business As Annual Profit Surges (Aug 22)
Company: Hess Corporation more info
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- About 75,000 Bpd Of Gulf Oil Output Still Shut After Shell Fire (Nov 15)
- Hess Shares Fall After Fourth-Quarter Forecast Slashed (Oct 25)
- Aker BP Buys Hess' Norway Unit For $2B (Oct 24)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Heerema more info
- Heerema Secures Services Contract for Culzean (Sep 03)
- KBR Wins Design Contract for Heerema Vessel (Feb 05)
- HMC Awarded Removal of Ekofisk Platforms for Recycling (Mar 06)
Company: Intec Engineering more info
- INTEC, WorleyParsons Merge into New Subsea Services Company (Aug 07)
- Chevron Taps INTEC for Pre-FEED Work on GOM's Big Foot (Jul 23)
- WorleyParsons To Acquire INTEC Engineering From Heerema Group (Apr 01)