Statoil Taps Acergy for Mapping, Inspection Contract
Statoil has awarded a frame contract for seabed mapping, pipeline inspection and support to Acergy Norway AS, effective from 15 March 2007.
The NOK 750 million deal covers a contract period of five years with options for two times two years.
Acergy Viking's tasks will include mapping and inspection assignments relating to North Sea development projects.
Acergy Norway will primarily use the new advanced mapping-equipped Acergy Viking vessel for the assignments. Consideration for the external environment and working environment on the vessel being well maintained has been important for the contract award.
"Acergy Norway will contribute to safe and effective operations on Statoil-operated fields," said Bjarne Jensen, manager for natural data, mapping and geotechnics in the Technology & Projects (T&P) business area.
According to Mr Jensen, Acergy Viking will primarily be used for mapping and inspection work relating to North Sea development projects such as Tyrihans and Gjoa, including annual pipeline inspection.
The vessel will have a top transit speed of 18 knots facilitating rapid and cost-effective movement between assignments. It can also be used for tasks outside Norway.
Statoil has previously sent a letter of intent to Geoconsult AS for similar tasks for the use of the Geosund vessel from 15 March 2007. Geosund will be replaced by the new GeoBergen vessel in 2008.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Statoil May Build Onshore Terminal for Castberg Oil -Minister (Jan 16)
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
Company: Geoconsult more info
- DOF Subsea Changes Subsidiary Names (Aug 31)
- Statoil Taps Acergy for Mapping, Inspection Contract (Jan 30)
- Geoconsult Wins Survey Contract for Ormen Lange Work (Mar 02)
Company: Acergy S.A. more info
- Acergy Awards Serimax Welding Contract Offshore Nigeria (Mar 07)
- Acergy Awarded Contract Offshore Brazil (Dec 01)
- Acergy Awarded Contract for Medway Development Project (Nov 04)