Total Strikes Three Times in the Gulf of Thailand
Total announces three new gas discoveries, after three successful exploration wells namely Ton Chan-1X, Ton Chan-2X and Ton Rang-2X drilled on Block 15 & 16 in the Gulf of Thailand, operated by PTTEP (the national Thai oil company).
The two wells on Ton Chan area are located on Block 16 of Bongkot concession, 5 kilometers from each other and approximately 15 kilometers southeast of the Bongkot central complex. Ton Chan-1X found gas bearing reservoirs with a total of 143 meter-net pay thickness. Ton Chan-2X found gas with a total of 44 meter-net pay thickness.
Ton Rang-2X is located on Block 15 of Bongkot concession, approximately 5 kilometers south of Ton Rang-1X discovery and 20 kilometers northwest of Bongkot Central Complex. Ton Rang-2X encountered gas bearing sand of 72 meters.
Development plan of these three discoveries is currently under study and production could start in 2009.
Currently Bongkot produces 600 million of cubic feet of gas per day and 18,000 barrels per day of condensate. The Bongkot Joint Ventures is formed by Total (33.33%) and PTT Exploration and Production Public Company Limited as operator (44.45%) and BG (22.22%).
The discoveries of Ton Chan-1X, 2X and Ton Rang-2X confirm additional potential of the Bongkot concession thus demonstrating Total's commitment to gas supply to Thailand.
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: PTTEP more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ecuador to Offer Oil Blocks Under New Bidding Terms in Jan (Oct 06)
- ExxonMobil Says Will Drop Discussions Over Indonesia's East Natuna (Jul 18)
- Hydrocarbons Encountered at Te Giac Trang Field Offshore Vietnam (Dec 20)