Anadarko, Baker Oil Tools Complete Intelligent Well, Set Record
Anadarko has completed an intelligent well in 8,100 ft of water at its Spiderman Field in DeSoto Canyon Block 621 in the Gulf of Mexico. The Spiderman Field is part of the Independence Hub Project.
Baker Oil Tools set a new water depth record using its InForce® Intelligent Completion System, which consisted of a 93 ft (28.35 m) long completion assembly with six control lines that were terminated and tested on the riser skate prior to lifting; HCM+ Shrouded and Non-Shrouded Sleeve; Premier Packer with feed-through; splice sub and a pressure-testable quick connect; and the Neptune Surface-Controlled Subsurface Safety Valve.
Baker spent 18 months planning the packer design and designing and implementing lifting and transportation devices prior to project commencement. In addition, the preplanning allowed for pre-assembling and testing in controlled shop conditions, resulting in improved reliability and assembly integrity, as well as reduced risk.
Anadarko operates Spiderman with 45% interest with partners Dominion Exploration & Production 36.67% and Hydro Gulf of Mexico, L.L.C. 18.33%.
For more information on the Indpendence Hub Project click here.
- Canadian Offshore Oil Interest Grows As Pipeline Woes Sink Alberta Prices (Dec 20)
- 4 Ways Agile Sourcing Can Lead Enterprises to Success (Nov 10)
- Gadfly: Anadarko Woke Up, and It Really Smells the Coffee (Nov 01)
Company: Baker Hughes more info
- Baker Hughes: Oil Drillers In Canada Boost Rigs To 10-Month High (Jan 12)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Ends 2017 40% Above Year-Ago Levels (Dec 29)
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)