Global, Partners Nix Sokwe South
Further to Woodside’s January 23 announcement regarding the results of the Pomboo well in Kenya, Global Petroleum Limited said that the L7 Joint Venture has decided not to drill Sokwe South No. 1 in this drilling campaign.
Global said that there are numerous prospects and leads in the Kenya Licenses L5 and L7. Pomboo has established the presence of reservoirs and seals, although the well lacked oil and gas shows. It is important that the decision on the next phase of exploration be determined after a comprehensive technical assessment of the relevance and implications of the new information obtained from Pomboo. This work is expected to occur over the next three to six months.
Accordingly, Woodside--as operator of the L5 and L7 Joint Venture--will discuss options with the Kenya Government with a view to agreeing the appropriate way forward for the JV and Government.
The L5 and L7 Joint Venture comprises:
- Woodside Energy (Kenya) Pty Ltd 30% (and operator);
- Dana Petroleum (E&P) Ltd 30%
- Repsol Exploracion S.A. 20%
- Global Petroleum 20%
The costs associated with Global’s 20% in L5 and L7 are carried for all activities through the
drilling of the first well in each of these areas.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Global Petroleum Limited more info
- Global Petroleum Appoints New Director (Jun 10)
- Global Petroleum Looking to Acquire New Projects, Remains 'Selective' (Jan 29)
- Global Petroleum Director Resigns from Board (Jan 22)