NPD Gives Okay to Talisman to Drill 7/11/-11 S
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has granted Talisman a drilling permit for well 7/11-11 S in production license 301. Well 7/11-11 S will be drilled from the Maersk Giant.
The drilling program for well 7/11-11 S relates to drilling of an appraisal well. Talisman Energy Norge AS is the operator with a 60 percent ownership interest, while Dong Norge As has a 40 ownership interest.
The area in this production license consists of blocks 7/8 and 7/11, located in the southern part of the North Sea, west of the Ula/Gyda area. The well is intended to delimit the Mime field, which was shut down in 1993. The purpose of the drilling activity is to prove the additional resources necessary to warrant a new development. Well 7/11-11 S is the second exploration well in production license 301. The first well, which was drilled last year, delimited the 7/8-3 Krabbe oil discovery situated to the north of the Mime field. The production license was awarded in APA (Awards in Pre-defined Areas) 2003.
The drilling permit is conditional upon the operator securing all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 5 Offshore Rigs
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)
- Maersk Highlander Ready for Action (Aug 19)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)