Hydro to Drill Cuttings Injection Well on Fram
The Petroleum Safety Authority Norway has granted Norsk Hydro Produksjon AS (Hydro) consent to use the Bideford Dolphin semisub to drill a cuttings injection well on the Fram Ost field.
In July 2005, Hydro received the authority's consent to use Bideford Dolphin for production drilling on Fram.
In a letter dated 9 January 2007, Hydro informed the agency that the company needs to make a change in the previously planned activities.
Hydro wants to expand the field development by drilling a cuttings injection well on a free-standing well template on Fram Ost. This entails placement of a single well template next to the production well template B-1.
The previous solution involving injection in the annulus of existing production wells will now be replaced by a dedicated cuttings injection well.
Based on the information that emerges from the company's letter of 9 January, as well as information in the original application for consent, the authority has issued Hydro consent to use the Bideford Dolphin to install the third well template and to drill a dedicated cuttings injection well.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)