Altinex, EnCana Spud First Well in Onshore Oman Campaign
Altinex has, with EnCana as operator, spudded the first well in an onshore exploration campaign in blocks 3 and 4 onshore Oman.
The well, Neimah-1, is being drilled on a moderate-risk prospect with P50 reserves of 62 million boe located in the southern part of Block 4, approximately 450 km southwest of the Oman capital, Muscat.
The well is expected to last 25 days, and is the first well in a 2-3 well program. Altinex has 50% equity in the blocks.
After completion of the Neimah-1 well, the rig will be moved to the Maeen-1 well location, also located in Oman Block 4, 17 km to the west of the first well.
- Permian's Mammoth Cubes Herald Supersized Future for Shale (Feb 22)
- Why Canada Is The Next Frontier For Shale Oil (Jan 29)
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
Company: Altinex Oil AS more info
- NPD Grants StatoilHydro Drilling Permit for PL 442 Wildcat (Aug 28)
- Dong Completes Drilling at Siri-6 in Danish North Sea (Jan 27)
- Oilexco Enters LOI with Bluewater to Deploy FPSO at North Sea's Huntington (Aug 27)