CB&I Wins LNG Liquefaction Project in Peru
CB&I has been awarded a contract by Peru LNG S.R.L. for the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, and commissioning of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) liquefaction plant in Pampa Malchorita, Peru, located about 170 kilometers south of Lima. CB&I's commercial scope of work is valued in excess of US$1.5 billion. Peru LNG S.R.L. is a consortium comprised of Hunt Oil Company of the United States, SK Corporation of Korea and Repsol YPF S.A. of Spain.
CB&I's work includes the entire liquefaction plant, with a designed production capacity of 4.45 million tons per year of LNG. The project encompasses treatment of the inlet gas, liquefaction, two LNG tanks, ship loading facilities, power generation, plant utilities, and related ancillary buildings and systems.
CB&I's experience in the LNG industry includes the design/build responsibility for dozens of regasification terminals worldwide, as well as the mechanical erection of LNG liquefaction plants in Malaysia, Nigeria and Australia. Overall, CB&I has built more than 40 LNG terminals and peak shaving facilities on a turnkey EPC basis.
"We appreciate the confidence shown by Peru LNG in selecting CB&I for this significant project," said Philip K. Asherman, CB&I's President and CEO. "This award builds on our decades of proven worldwide experience in the LNG industry and capitalizes on CB&I's extensive history in Peru and throughout Latin America."
CB&I has worked in Peru for more than 40 years, and plans to draw upon the excellent Peruvian labor force for the execution of this project. Among its experience in the country, CB&I has been involved in the Camisea natural gas project since its inception, providing cryogenic gas processing facilities and storage for gas liquids. The Peru LNG project provides organic growth for CB&I in this market and capitalizes on the company's comprehensive gas processing capabilities.
CB&I executes on average more than 700 projects each year and is one of the world's leading engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) companies, specializing in projects for customers that produce, process, store and distribute the world's natural resources.
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Hunt Oil more info
- Hunt Oil Company Says It Will Cut 10% Of Its Workforce (Apr 07)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- KNOC Subsidiary Gathers Canadian Assets From Hunt (Dec 15)
Company: CB&I more info
- CB&I, Chevron Lummus Global, Saudi Aramco Launch 'Crude-to-Chemical' JV (Jan 18)
- CB&I Gets Go-ahead for Kazakhstan Petchem Project (Dec 11)
- CB&I Wins Contract for Saudi Aramco-Shell Project (Dec 07)
Company: SK Corp. more info
- Chevron Inks Gorgon LNG Supply Agreement with SK LNG Trading (Jan 21)
- Peru to Sign 20 Hydrocarbon Exploration Contracts in '10 (Dec 28)
- Yellow Lion Field Fires Up Production Offshore Vietnam (Oct 27)
Company: Peru LNG Co. more info
- Peru Builds 1st LNG Facility in S. America for $3.8B (Jun 10)
- Wood Group Signs Maintenance Contract with Peru LNG (Feb 16)
- PERU LNG Snags $2.25B in Third Party Financing (Jun 27)