Woodside Reports Kenya Duster
Woodside Petroleum Ltd. said that the Pomboo-1 exploration well in Block L-5 of the offshore Lamu Basin in Kenya has reached a total depth of 4,887 meters.
After running a full suite of logging tools, Woodside has confirmed the absence of hydrocarbons in the primary target zone between 4,685 meters and total depth. The well encountered in excess of 200 meters of moderate to good quality reservoir sandstones.
The well is about 350km northeast of Mombasa in 2,200 meters of water. The drillship, "Chikyu," is preparing to plug and abandon the well.
All reported depths (except water depth) are referenced to the rig rotary table.
The joint venturers are: Woodside Energy (Kenya) Pty Ltd 30% and operator; Repsol Exploracion
S.A. 20%; Global Petroleum Ltd 20% and Dana Petroleum (E&P) Ltd 30%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Repsol Says Drilling Suspended On Vietnam Oil Block Disputed By China (Aug 02)
- China Urges Halt To Oil Drilling In Disputed South China Sea (Jul 25)
Company: Dana Petroleum more info
- Independents Go Big in North Sea (Jan 03)
- Dana Petroleum Raises Concerns Over EnQuest North Sea Discovery (Jul 05)
- SDX Energy Quits Cameroon Concession In 'Sensible' Move (Jun 16)
Company: Global Petroleum Limited more info
- Global Petroleum Appoints New Director (Jun 10)
- Global Petroleum Looking to Acquire New Projects, Remains 'Selective' (Jan 29)
- Global Petroleum Director Resigns from Board (Jan 22)