Baker Hughes, Halliburton Garner NPD Prize
This year, the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate is acknowledging the commitment made by the Norwegian supplier industry towards increased value creation on the Norwegian shelf, not least in research and development. The IOR prize 2006 is awarded to both Baker Hughes and Halliburton for progressive development and application of advanced drilling and well solutions.
A number of new technological solutions for advanced wells were first developed for and put to use on the Troll field in the North Sea. These solutions have subsequently been applied on a number of fields, both in Norway and abroad.
The prestigious IOR prize (Improved Oil Recovery) is the NPD's way of recognizing production licenses, companies, projects or individuals that have created added value on the Norwegian continental shelf through innovative actions and plans linked to improved oil recovery. This year's prize is awarded to two supplier companies who can both take a significant part of the credit for the Troll field's current status as one of the largest oil fields on the Norwegian shelf.
These developments on Troll would not have been possible without the good cooperation between Baker Hughes and Halliburton, who are competitors, to get all the pieces to fit together, both during planning of wells and in the operational phase. The technology developed is now also used on other fields, thus creating spin-off value far beyond the Troll field.
Director General Gunnar Berge presented the IOR prize 2006 to Baker Hughes and Halliburton at "The 3rd Norwegian Technology Conference 2007" in Stavanger on Tuesday, 23 January.
In addition to Baker Hughes and Halliburton, Talisman was nominated as a candidate for the prize as "one of the newcomers to the Norwegian shelf that is leading the way towards realizing substantial values in fields/areas where others seem to give up."
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Talisman Energy more info
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: Baker Hughes more info
- Baker Hughes: Oil Drillers In Canada Boost Rigs To 10-Month High (Jan 12)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Ends 2017 40% Above Year-Ago Levels (Dec 29)
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)