Tecpetrol, Petrobras Consortium Win Hickman Concession
A consortium of Argentine oil companies Tecpetrol and Petrobras Energia (NYSE: PZE) have won the exploration concession for the Hickman block in northeast Salta province, Tecpetrol said in a statement to the Buenos Aires stock exchange.
The two companies will have equal shares in the 6,555 sq km block. Tecpetrol will act as operator.
The consortium plans a US$18.7 million investment in exploratory works over the next four years.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 35 Offshore Rigs
Manages 13 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Tecpetrol more info
- Union Leader: Argentina's Tecpetrol To Invest $2.3B In Vaca Muerta (Mar 23)
- Pluspetrol to Invest $500M in Peru Natgas Block (Aug 04)
- PetroNova Relinquishes CPO-6 Interest (Jul 05)