Aker Kvaerner to Deliver Another Deepwater Drilling Riser
Maersk Contractors has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract to deliver a spare riser for their ongoing semisubmersible drilling rig building program. The spare riser comes in addition to orders received in 2005 and 2006 for three complete riser systems to be delivered from 2008 to 2010. All risers are equipped with an industry leading connector technology designed for safe and reliable operation in ultra deepwater. The contract strengthens Aker Kvaerner's position as one of the market leaders in drilling riser technology.
The first riser of four riser systems will be delivered in January 2008 and manufacturing of riser joints for Maersk starts in May this year. The projects are on schedule and included in the deliveries are the new Aker Kvaerner telescopic joint / tension ring systems which provide enhanced environmental protection with a triple packer system.
The risers for Maersk will be built at Aker Kvaerner's new high technology manufacturing facility in Malaysia which has been in operation since the end of 2006.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Maersk Drilling more info
Manages 23 Offshore Rigs
- Maersk Drilling Lays Off Dozens in GOM (Jan 23)
- Maersk to Limit Investment in Energy Businesses until Separation (Dec 13)
- Maersk Oil Begins Culzean Drilling Campaign (Sep 29)