Kongsberg Wins Gjoa Control Systems Project
Aker Kvaerner has awarded Kongsberg Maritime a Letter of Intent for integrated control systems for safety and process automation on board a semi-submersible production platform destined to be used on the Gjoa oil and gas field in the North Sea. Aker Kværner will be building the platform deck, attaching it to the hull and preparing the platform for operation. Gaz de France Norway will be operator of the field. The contract is valued at approximately NOK 80 million.
Besides safety and automation systems, the contract covers the delivery of a process simulator, as well as integrated engineering for Aker Kværner. This contract requires the extensive use of so-called "integrated operations", a technology and work process which make it possible to monitor and control large parts of the offshore operations from onshore.
Onstream in 2010
Located 60 kilometers outside the Sogne Fjord in Norway, the Gjoa field is scheduled to come onstream in 2010.
A good fit
Torfinn Kildal, president of Kongsberg Maritime, remarked that this contract is an important link in the company's initiatives in the oil and gas industry, and is a good fit with the strategy behind the acquisition of Sense Intellifield.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Gaz de France more info
- Grenland Group Delivers Gjoa Subsea Structures (Sep 01)
- Plexus to Supply Wellhead Systems for Mediterranean E&P Activities (Jul 20)
- ELNG Completes First Ever Health & Safety Partnership Program with GE O&G (Jul 15)
Company: Kongsberg Maritime more info
- Oil Industry Teams Up to Fight Cyber-Crime (Sep 29)
- Statoil, Kongsberg Sign Deal with Eelume to Develop Subsea Technology (Apr 18)
- Range Resources Ltd Production, CAPEX in Decline (Jan 27)
Company: Sense Intellifield AS more info
- Kongsberg Wins Gjoa Control Systems Project (Jan 22)
- Kongsberg Buys Sense Intellifield (Dec 27)
- RigNet and Sense Intellifield Sign Global Agreement (May 03)