Continental Energy: Bengara-II Contract Awarded
Continental Energy Corporation said that its 18% owned Indonesian subsidiary Continental-GeoPetro (Bengara-II) Ltd. (CGB2) has awarded a turn-key, integrated drilling services contract to drill and test Seberaba-1, the first of four exploration wells planned for 2007 on the 3,650 square kilometer (900,000 acre) Bengara-II Production Sharing Contract, onshore East Kalimantan, Indonesia.
Indonesian drilling contractor PT Indo Sichuan Petroleum was awarded the contract and will deploy a 1,500 horsepower land drilling rig for the job. Mobilization of the rig and equipment to the drillsite is underway with drilling to commence in March 2007.
Drilling of the 4,200 meter (13,780 foot) Seberaba-1 well is expected to take up to 70 days at a cost of over US$6 million. The four well drilling program is fully funded, as detailed in Continental's earlier press release dated October 11, 2006.
Continental Energy Corporation is an independent oil and gas exploration company, focused entirely on making a major oil or gas discovery in Indonesia.
- Oil Billionaire Hamm Sold Superior Energy Stake Citing Weak Returns (Aug 11)
- Continental Acquires Majority Stake in Visionaire Energy (Jun 12)
- Continental Energy Concludes Seismic Acquisition at Indonesia Block (Sep 28)
Company: PT Indo Sichuan Petroleum more info
- Indo Sichuan Wins Second Bengara-II Drilling Contract (Jun 28)
- Continental Energy: Rig En Route to Bengara-II (Feb 23)
- GeoPetro Issues Bengara Block Update (Feb 21)