Former ABS President Joins Rowan's Board
Rowan Companies, Inc. appointed Robert E. Kramek to its Board of Directors effective Jan. 18, 2007.
The Board intends to seek stockholder approval of Kramek's election at its May 2007 stockholder meeting. Kramek recently retired from the American Bureau of Shipping where he has served since 1998, most recently as President and Chief Operating Officer. Prior to joining ABS, Kramek was Commandant of the United States Coast Guard, from which he retired as a Four Star Admiral. Kramek is a naval architect and marine engineer and has received numerous honors and military awards during his distinguished career.
Daniel F. McNease, Rowan's Chief Executive Officer and Chairman of the Board stated: "We are thrilled to have Bob join our Board today. His experience and qualifications will be invaluable to the Rowan Board of Directors."
Rowan Companies, Inc. is a major provider of international and domestic contract drilling services. The Company also owns and operates a manufacturing division that produces equipment for the drilling, mining and timber industries.
Manages 21 Offshore Rigs
- Rowan Lays Off Another 50 Offshore Workers (Jun 26)
- Rowan to Lay Off 150 Offshore Workers (May 31)
- Rowan Idles Rig, Will Lay Off Up To 110 Workers (Nov 28)
Company: American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) more info
- ABS Expands India Office, Plans To Recruit Technology Staff (Aug 01)
- ABS, Keppel's KOMtech Collaborate on Joint Development Projects (Jun 28)
- McDermott Joins 14 Other Offshore Firms to Establish Industry Standards (May 19)
Company: US Coast Guard more info
- US Coast Guard, EPA Cleaning Up A Dozen Texas Chemical Spills After Harvey (Sep 11)
- Coast Guard: US Oil Platform On Fire In Gulf Of Mexico; No Injuries (May 22)
- Houston Channel Slowly Reopens; Vessel Queue Tops 100 (Mar 25)