Statoil Gets NPD Okay to Use Stena Don for Well 6507/11-8
Statoil has received consent to conduct exploration drilling with the Stena Don. The consent relates to drilling of well 6507/11-8 north of the Midgard field on Asgard.
Well 6507/11-8 is situated in the Norwegian Sea, about 36 km east of the Asgard A facility and about 25 km south of Heidrun.
The well is part of production license 062. The plan is to commence drilling in February 2007, at the earliest. The drilling operation is expected to last 45 days.
The Stena Don is operated by Stena Drilling Ltd. The facility was delivered new in 2001 and has since been working for Statoil with drilling operations (production and exploration drilling), completion and well workover.
The Stena Don received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in March 2002. The facility has just recently been in Olen for its 5-year classification. The maximum number of people on board during the drilling operation will be 120.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)
Company: Stena Drilling more info
Manages 7 Offshore Rigs
- Norway Rig Workers Agree Wage Deal, Avoid Strike (Jun 25)
- Statoil Takes $350M Hit on Angola Exploration Halt (Nov 21)
- 3Legs Sells its Last Polish Shale Gas Concessions (Nov 05)