Noble Energy Says Raton Appraisal Well Successful
Noble Energy reports initial results from its Raton appraisal well (Mississippi Canyon Block 292 #5) in the Gulf of Mexico. This well was drilled to appraise the deep section below the Raton gas discovery (Mississippi Canyon 248 #1) announced in June 2006.
The Raton appraisal well encountered hydrocarbons in the anticipated sand intervals and has been temporarily abandoned. Additional technical work is needed to evaluate future options. The well is located in 3,400 feet of water and reached a total measured depth of 20,913 feet.
Noble Energy is currently planning a fast-track subsea development of a natural gas interval discovered in the original Raton well. Production from this zone is expected to commence during the first half of 2008.
Noble Energy is the operator of the Raton project with a 50 percent working interest. Samson Offshore and Energy Partners, Ltd. each have a 25 percent working interest.
- W&T Sells South Timbalier Stake to Energy Partners (May 15)
- Energy Partners Concludes Acquisition of GOM Properties (Feb 15)
- Energy Partners Regains Supplemental Waiver Status from MMS (May 03)
Company: Noble Energy more info
- US Shale Producers Promise both Higher Output and Returns (Nov 03)
- Fault at Israel's Tamar Gas Field Prompts Use of Dirtier Fuels (Sep 22)
- Leviathan Partners in Talks to Pipe Gas to Egypt Via Jordan (Aug 10)