Eni Awarded Drilling Permit for Well 6607/2-1
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted Eni a drilling permit for wellbore 6607/2-1 in production license 329 in the Norwegian Sea.
Wellbore 6607/2-1 will be drilled from the Transocean Leader semisub. The drilling program for wellbore 6607/2-1 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in a production license. The licensees are: Eni 40%, Petoro 20%, Dong 20% and Gaz de France 20%.
The area in this production license encompasses the following blocks 6607/1, 6607/2 and 6607/4 in the northern part of the Northern Sea southeast of the gas discovery 6707/10-1.
The production license was awarded in the 18th licensing round in 2004.
Well 6607/2-1 is the first wildcat well in this production license.
The drilling permit is conditional upon the operator obtaining all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- BSEE: Italy's Eni Begins Drilling Oil Well In Alaska's Beaufort Sea (Dec 27)
- Eni 'Mission Impossible' Points to Seismic Shift for Big Oil (Dec 22)
- Sanction-Proof Oil Rig Beats US Policy From Cuba to Russia (Dec 19)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Norwegian Petroleum Directorate more info
- NPD Grants Lundin Permit for Appraisal Well Offshore Norway (Jan 20)
- Aker BP Makes North Sea Find (Dec 23)
- Norwegian Production Rises (Dec 21)