Carnarvon: Testing of Thai Discovery Ongoing
The POE-9 exploration well is located on a structural high 150 meters structurally updip of the previously drilled well in Thailand, Na Sanun-1, which flowed oil at rates of approximately 1,400 bopd before watering out after a short period.
POE-9 intersected four potential zones of volcanic or igneous fractured reservoir at depths of 794, 853, 1,007 and 1,142 meters with thicknesses ranging from 15 to 50 meters. A total of 17 meters were perforated between 853 and 870 meters, being a zone correlating with the zone from which oil flow was obtained in the Na Sanun-1 well, and production testing of this zone is proceeding.
The POE-9 well is currently successfully cleaning up and oil is free flowing to the surface at variable rates up to 560 bopd. The well will be monitored over the next few days to establish the sustainability of oil flow.
This fractured volcanic reservoir is a new discovery in contrast to the Wichian Buri Oil Field which comprises sandstone reservoirs. Although caution must be exercised in view of the early watering out of the Na Sanun-1 well, if sustained production is established, it will be significant for the joint venture with several other similar structures identified on the 3D seismic data.
Production testing of the other Phase 1 and workover wells is proceeding as planned. Material additions to production will be announced as and when they occur.
- Pan Orient (Operator) 60%
- Carnarvon Petroleum 40%
- Carnarvon Adds WA-524-P Permit on Western Australia's NWS to Portfolio (Sep 20)
- Carnarvon Says Positive Signals Emerges from Roc-2 Well Drilling Off WA (Sep 19)
- Quadrant Energy Says Roc-2 Well in Permit WA-437-P Confirms Hydrocarbons (Sep 09)
Company: Pan Orient Energy more info
- POE Finds Gas, Condensate at Akeh-1 Well in Sumatra's Batu Gajah PSC (Oct 21)
- POE Prepares for Testing Ops at Onshore Akeh-1 Exploration Well in Sumatra (Sep 28)
- POE Provides Prospective Resource Report for Sumatra's East Jabung PSC (Aug 05)