Perupetro to Launch Tender for 18 Blocks
Peru's state hydrocarbons promotions agency Perupetro will launch the tender for the exploration of 18 blocks around January 23 with the publication of bidding rules on its website, Perupetro senior promotions coordinator Winston Wusen told BNamericas.
The agency will accept bids roughly in June, he said. Bidding rules are not yet completed.
The company in Houston on February 2 will present studies of 10 blocks conducted by the agency as well as studies of eight blocks conducted by geological consulting firm Gustavson Associates.
The agency will subsequently travel to London for a March 26 presentation before presenting in Calgary, although the date for the latter is still being coordinated.
If all goes smoothly in awarding of the blocks, acquiring permits and carrying out environmental studies, winning bidders could begin exploration on the blocks in the beginning of 2008, Wusen said.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Peru Says Will Cut Royalties In Current Oil Contracts By July (Feb 03)
- Peru To Cut Oil, Gas Royalties To 5% To Counter Price Slump (Nov 11)
- Government: Peru's Biggest Oil Block Fails to Receive Any Bids (Aug 05)
Company: Gustavson Associates more info
- Manas' Subsidiary Fires Up 2D Seismic Program in Albania (Aug 18)
- DWM Petroleum Signs Contract for Seismic Acquisition in Albania (May 27)
- Radial Spuds Huaya 100-2X in Peru, Sets Surface Casing (May 02)