Neuquen Opens Economic Bids for Rio Barrancas E&P
Argentina's Neuquen province has opened economic bids from two groups for the E&P contract on the Rio Barrancas block, the province said in a statement.
The consortium of local engineering firm Ingenieria Sima and the YPF subsidiary of Spanish oil major Repsol YPF (NYSE: REP) bid US$18.6 million. The consortium of German oil company Wintershall Energia and Argentina's Petrobras Energia (NYSE: PZE) bid US$12.2 million.
Neuquen province-controlled oil company Hidenesa will analyze the bids this month and award the contract in the first week of February, the statement said.
Hidenesa will only participate with a 10% stake if a hydrocarbons discovery is made, which would come in addition to the province's 12% royalty rate.
This tender marks the first time the framework allowing Hidenesa to back in has been used. The province also intends to use the method for the 20 areas set for tender in 2007.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 33 Offshore Rigs
Manages 6 Offshore Rigs
- Petrobras To Invest 137 Million Reais Iin Sao Paulo Refinery (Mar 08)
- Petrobras Chief Says US Refinery Sale Ongoing, No Plans To Build Elsewhere (Mar 05)
- Petrobras to Sell Pasadena, Texas, Refinery (Feb 06)
Company: Repsol more info
- Exxon, Total, Repsol Among Bidders For Oil Exploration Off Greece (Mar 05)
- Oil's Heavy Hitters Line Up to Dive Into Mexico's Deep Waters (Jan 26)
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
Company: Wintershall more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Libya's NOC, Wintershall Strike Interim Deal To Resume Output (Jun 13)
- BASF Sees Role of Oil and Gas Unit Declining Further (May 12)
Company: Hidensa more info
- Neuquen Opens Economic Bids for Rio Barrancas E&P (Jan 15)