Mesa: Brazos A-7 Lease Expires
Mesa Offshore Trust on Friday announced updates with respect to the Brazos A-7 farmout to Newfield and a new farmout by Pioneer to Hydro Gulf of Mexico, L.L.C.
Brazos A-7 Farmout Expiration and Termination of Lease
Pioneer has notified the Trust that, by letter dated December 13, 2006, Newfield informed Pioneer and Woodside that production ceased on the Brazos B-1 well located on Brazos Area Block A-7 Lease on June 22, 2006, that Newfield has no further plans to continue production on the lease and that it was allowing the lease to expire on December 19, 2006. This interest was originally farmed out to Newfield pursuant to a farmout agreement in December 1996. Pioneer has advised the Trustee that it does not have a continued interest in the lease.
Pioneer has also entered into a farmout agreement with Hydro Gulf of Mexico, L.L.C. relating to the Nimitz Prospect underlying portions of Brazos Area Blocks A-24 (E/2 SE/4), A-25 (W/2 SW/4) and A-39 (NE/4 NE/4) (the "Prospect Lands"). Under this agreement, Pioneer reserved, and will be entitled to receive, an overriding royalty interest in the farmed out properties equal to 2.5% in 8/8ths of the earned depth and Prospect Lands and any production from the earned depth and Prospect Lands. Accordingly, the Trust's indirect net interest in this farmout would be approximately 2.25%. This interest would become effective whenever Hydro earns as assignment of its operating rights as provided in the agreement. Hydro expects to commence the drilling of an exploratory test well on or before February 1, 2007 to test the Chris I Sands, which are found at depths between 17,500 and 18,300 feet. Any wells drilled will be drilled free of any cost and generally any liability to Pioneer or the Trust's indirect interest in this property.
- Big Shale Turns OPEC Ally From Foe With Focus on Oil Returns (Dec 04)
- Shale Drillers Show Few Signs of Slowing as Profits Expand (Aug 02)
- $2 Billion Gulfport Buy Shows Drillers Thirsting for Next Play (Dec 15)
Company: Norsk Hydro ASA more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sentry Petroleum Appoints Former Norsk Hydro Analyst to Board of Directors (Dec 29)
- Hydro Under Investigation for Former Libya Oil Operations (Oct 07)
- SeaBird First Contract Award for SeaBed Operations (Apr 28)
Company: Woodside more info
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Chevron Starts LNG Output at Australia's Wheatstone (Oct 09)
- Global LNG: Faltering Supply Prompts Short-Covering Price Rally (Aug 11)
- Woodside Sees Output Growing 15 Pct Over Next Three Years (May 23)
Company: Mesa Offshore Trust more info
- Mesa Offshore Trust: No Trust Income for February 2010 (Feb 26)
- Mesa Offshore Trust Reports Record Date for Final Distribution (Feb 15)
- Mesa Offshore Trust Reports on Brazos A-39 Well Abandonment (Jan 13)