Briscoe to Head Investor Relations at Transocean
Transocean Inc. announced late Thursday that John H. Briscoe, who previously served as Finance Director for North and South America operations of the company, has been named Director of Investor Relations and Communications for the company. Briscoe will replace Jeffery L. Chastain, Vice President Investor Relations and Communications, who is leaving the company. Briscoe will assume responsibility immediately for all investor relations of the company and report directly to Robert L. Long, Chief Executive Officer of the company.
Prior to joining Transocean in June 2005, Briscoe served as Vice President of Accounting for Ferrellgas Inc., the general partner of Ferrellgas Partners L.P., a New York Stock Exchange traded master limited partnership. Prior to working for Ferrellgas, Briscoe served as Controller for Latin America for Dresser Industries Inc., which has subsequently been acquired by Halliburton, Inc. Briscoe is a certified public accountant and holds a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration - Accounting from the University of Texas.
Transocean Inc. is the world's largest offshore drilling contractor with a fleet of 82 mobile offshore drilling units. The company's mobile offshore drilling fleet, consisting of a large number of high-specification deepwater and harsh environment drilling units, is considered one of the most modern and versatile in the world due to its emphasis on technically demanding segments of the offshore drilling business. The company's fleet consists of 33 High-Specification Floaters (semisubmersibles and drillships), 20 Other Floaters, 25 Jackups and other assets utilized in the support of offshore drilling activities worldwide.
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: Dresser, Inc. more info
- GE to Acquire Dresser for $3B (Oct 06)
- Riverstone Leads Investor Group in Dresser Acquisition (Mar 13)
- Briscoe to Head Investor Relations at Transocean (Jan 12)