Foothills Begins Grizzly Bluff Seismic
Foothills Resources, Inc. said Friday that it has commenced the acquisition of a 3D seismic survey over the Grizzly Bluff natural gas field in the Eel River Basin, Humboldt County, California.
Data acquisition started on January 9th and is expected to be completed in approximately ten days. An area of about 13 square miles is being imaged by this survey which is being conducted by Quantum Geophysical, Inc. for Foothills. This 3D seismic data will provide for an efficient development of the Grizzly Bluff field.
Foothills President John Moran noted, "The capability to image the subsurface rock structures in three dimensions should (i) enhance our ability to direct development wells to the optimal subsurface locations to penetrate the maximum number of gas bearing formations, (ii) reduce drilling costs, and (iii) guide our efforts to expand the development potential of the area. Technical analysis of the data should also significantly improve drill site selection for the deeper exploratory part of the Grizzly Bluff prospect that we expect to drill later this year. This part of the prospect was proven to contain natural gas by a Chevron well drilled in 1971. In addition, consistent with a previous 2D seismic analysis in the area, we expect the computer analysis of the 3D data to yield direct detection of natural gas bearing zones.
"Acquisition of the 3D seismic survey represents a major step forward in our long-term plans for the Grizzly Bluff field."
- Chevron Says It Will Not Dispute Climate Science in US Lawsuit (Mar 22)
- Oil, Gas Leaders Warn Trump He Risks Harming Their Industry (Mar 16)
- Chevron Backs 2018 Production Rise, Eyes Share Buybacks (Mar 06)
Company: Foothills Resources, Inc. more info
- Foothills Exploration Kicks Off Labokay Drilling (Jan 30)
- Foothills Roars Forward at Grizzly Bear Prospect, Set to Test (Mar 26)
- Foothills Spuds Grizzly Bear Prospect in California (Jan 30)
Company: Quantum Geophysical, Inc. more info
- Foothills Begins Grizzly Bluff Seismic (Jan 12)