TGS Charters Additional 2D Vessel Capacity
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company ASA (TGS) said that it has signed a two-year charter agreement with BGP for a 2D seismic vessel to be named the M/V BGP Atlas. BGP is currently outfitting the M/V BGP Atlas with state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and is scheduled to deliver it to TGS in June 2007. TGS plans to deploy the vessel initially in the North Sea during the summer season.
TGS has the option to extend the vessel contract by two consecutive one-year periods under the same commercial terms.
With this agreement TGS has now secured access to three 3D crews and six 2D vessels for all or parts of 2007, enabling the company to continue aggressively expanding its multi-client database.
TGS-NOPEC Geophysical Company (TGS) is a leading global provider of multi-client geoscientific data, associated products and services to the oil and gas industry. TGS specializes in the creation of non-exclusive seismic surveys worldwide. The Company provides advanced depth imaging solutions and software through its TGS Imaging division. Well log data is available for conversion, sourcing, management and immediate delivery through TGS subsidiary, A2D Technologies. Multi-client interpretive products and subsurface consulting services are provided through the Company's Aceca subsidiary. The TGS family of companies places a strong emphasis on providing high-quality data and the highest level of service to the industry.
- TGS Expects E&P Spend to Dip by up to 10% in 2017 (Oct 28)
- Schlumberger, TGS Begin 300-Block Gulf of Mexico Data Acquisition Program (Aug 04)
- PGS: Improving Sentiment in Offshore Seismic Market (Jul 21)
Company: BGP more info
- Sonardyne Wins Magseis' Deal to Supply Acoustics for Saudi Aramco Project (Jul 20)
- Searcher, BGP Complete Seismic Surveys Offshore Western Australia, Norway (Jun 30)
- TGS Commences the NW Shelf Renaissance 2D Seismic Survey off Australia (Jun 29)