Technics Wins Contract for Gas Compressor Packages
Technics Oil & Gas Limited said that it has secured two EPCC contracts worth S$7.5 million for three units of gas compressor packages to major Oil & Gas clients in Southeast Asia:
The Company has received a contract for the design and supply of two units of gas lift compression packages to the Troung Son Joint Operating Company ("TSJOC") for the development of the Oil & Gas field at Block 46/02 offshore Vietnam. The packages will be delivered in early February 2008 and options are also provided in the contract for the Company to undertake offshore technical services.
The contract from Malaysia's national oil company, Petronas, entails the design and supply of a gas compression package for the Baronia RV2 Enhanced Oil Recovery project in offshore Sarawak. The package will be delivered in August 2007 and the final contract value is likely to increase as Petronas is expected to exercise the options for the provisions of operating spares and technical services by the Company.
Commenting on the above, the Company's Executive Chairman and Group Managing Director, Mr Robin Ting said, "We are delighted as the above contracts underline our continuing focus on delivering value for our strategic clients in the markets across South East Asia. The outstanding order book at the date of announcement is approximately S$42 million."
The above transactions are not expected to have significant impact on the earnings per share and net tangible assets of the Company for financial year ending 30 September 2007.
None of the directors or substantial shareholders of the Company has any interest, direct or indirect in the aforesaid transaction.
About Truong Son Joint Operating Company (TSJOC)
TSJOC is a joint venture between State-run PetroVietnam Exploration & Production Company (PVEP) (40%), Talisman Vietnam Ltd (TVL) (30%) and Petronas Carigali Overseas Sdn Bhd (PCOSB) (30%). PVEP is a wholly owned subsidiary of PetroVietnam; TVL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada-based Talisman, one of the largest Primavera users in Canada and Asia Pacific countries; PCOSB is the overseas exploration and production of Malaysia's national oil company Petronas.
Technics Oil & Gas Limited, is a local public listed company. It provides a comprehensive
range of process equipment, including gas compression systems and support services to the oil
& gas industries in Asia Pacific.
Operates 8 Offshore Rigs
- Strong Upstream Performance from European Majors (Jul 28)
- PETRONAS, PetroVietnam Extend PM3CAA PSC in Malaysia-Vietnam Waters to 2027 (May 10)
- Repsol Significantly Scales Back Upstream Investment (Oct 15)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: PetroVietnam more info
- Vietnam Court Sentences to Death PetroVietnam Ex-Chairman in Mass Trial (Sep 29)
- Asia Oil Refinery Delays Favor Producer Case for Extending Output Cuts (May 22)
- Vietnam's Sole Refinery Plans to Sell 5-6 Pct Stake in IPO in Q4 (May 22)
Company: Technics Oil & Gas more info
- Technics Applies to Singapore High Court for Judicial Management Order (Jun 01)
- Technics Oil & Gas Appoints Ng Chiu Yuen as Group MD (Apr 21)
- Technics Partners PT Elnusa for O&G Services Projects in Indonesia (Oct 19)
Company: Troung Son Joint Operating Co. more info
- MODEC's FPSO Song Doc Pride Achieves First Oil (Dec 08)
- Technics Wins Contract for Gas Compressor Packages (Jan 11)