2D Vessel Sets Records Offshore Pakistan
SCAN Geophysical ASA announced that its 2D vessel, the M/V Geo Searcher, has set both single day and daily average production records for the company while working offshore Pakistan.
The vessel shot 232.46 Kilometers on November 11, 2006, a record daily production for SCAN. In addition, the vessel has shot 4,255 Kilometers in just 24 days, for an average daily production of 177 Kilometers, also a company record.
"We are very pleased with the production records set during this survey," said Alf Hesthag, Vice President of Operations for SCAN. "Our crew deserve all the credit. They are working hard to help establish SCAN Geophysical as a company known for efficiency and quality."
The survey was being conducted by SCAN for GEMS International N.V., a Belgian and UK-based company specializing in EEZ and UNCLOS surveys.
SCAN Geophysical ASA was established in 2002 as a Norwegian seismic data acquisition
company specializing in both marine streamer seismic and ocean bottom seismic. The company is currently operating one 2D and one 3D streamer vessel, and will launch three new state-of-the-art 3D vessels and one 2002-built 2D vessel. The administration is located in Oslo, with representatives in Moscow, Houston, Singapore and Caracas.
- SCAN Kicks Off 3D Seismic Operations in South America (Jun 18)
- Gold Oil Concludes 2D Seismic on Peruvian Offshore Block Z34 (May 22)
- Gold Oil Taps SCAN for Seismic Acquisition Offshore Peru (Apr 20)
Company: GEMS International N.V. more info
- GEMS, A+D Enter Technical Partnership (Sep 01)
- Scan Completes Sri Lankan 3D Survey (Oct 05)
- GEMS Awards SCAN Geophysical a 2D Survey Offshore Sri Lanka (Sep 03)