ConocoPhillips: Early Indications Show 300% Reserve Additions
ConocoPhillips announced preliminary proved reserve additions for 2006 of approximately 300 percent of the company's barrels-of-oil-equivalent (BOE) production.
Proved reserve additions, including sales and acquisitions, are expected to be approximately 2.6 billion BOE. Production for the year is expected to be approximately 880 million BOE, including fuel gas. The company expects to end 2006 with approximately 11.1 billion BOE of proved reserves. These reserves exclude 0.3 billion barrels associated with the company's Canadian Syncrude operations. In addition, while the company announced the joint venture with EnCana in 2006, the transaction closed in early 2007. Accordingly, initial reserve additions for the EnCana joint venture are expected to occur in 2007 and are not included in 2006 reserves.
Reserve additions from acquisitions are expected to be approximately 2.5 billion BOE, reflecting the acquisition of Burlington Resources and increased ownership in LUKOIL. Reserve additions from major projects and investments were largely offset by downward reserve revisions, including the impact from reservoir performance, annual field life evaluations, and country exit.
The company will provide additional, final information related to its 2006 oil and gas reserves in its Annual Report on Form 10-K, expected to be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in late February.
ConocoPhillips is an integrated petroleum company with interests around the world.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, BP Targeted in NYC Suit That Relies on 'Nuisance' Theory (Jan 10)
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
Company: EnCana more info
- Encana Calls End to Permian Race as Focus Turns to Output (Oct 18)
- Canada's Encana Smashes Profit Estimates, Shares Rise (Jul 21)
- Encana To Sell Natgas Assets To Caerus Oil For $735MM (Jun 09)
Company: Syncrude more info
- Fire Extinguished At Syncrude Oil Sands Plant In Alberta (Jul 10)
- Falling US Oil Output Not Enticing Enough For Wary Investors (Jul 11)
- Firefighters Protect Canada's Oil Sands Battling Intense Flames (May 24)