Aker Kvaerner to Install Thunder Hawk FPU
Atlantia has awarded Aker Kvaerner a contract for installation of a semi-submersible floating production unit (FPU) for the Thunder Hawk development system in the Gulf of Mexico. Atlantia will be the client and owner of the FPU and Murphy Exploration and Production Company will operate the platform. The total contract value for Aker Kvaerner is approximately US $23 million.
The work, that will be undertaken by the Aker Kvaerner subsidiary Aker Marine Contractors, comprises installation of the spread mooring system, transportation and hook up of the FPU.
Helge Roraas, President of Aker Marine Contractors US Inc., says "This is an important milestone for Aker Marine Contractors and we look forward to working with Atlantia towards a safe and successful installation of the Thunder Hawk platform".
The marine installation is planned to commence in the 2nd quarter of 2008, using the offshore construction vessel, BOA Sub C as main installation vessel. The planning of the project will commence immediately.
"This contract award confirms our strong position in the deep water Gulf of Mexico market and provides the opportunity to build strong relations with an important client", says Torgeir Ramstad, President of Aker Marine Contractors.
The Thunder Hawk facility which will be based on Atlantia's deep draft semiTM will be moored in 1800 meters water depth and equipped to produce up to 60 000 barrels of oil and 70 million standard cubic feet of gas per day.
The contract was booked in fourth quarter 2006.
- Kvaerner Sees Rising Revenues, Better Margins in 4Q (Feb 14)
- Reliance Fires Up Gas Production from India's KG-D6 Block (Apr 02)
- Sonardyne Snags Life-of-Field Contract for Petrobras' Cascade, Chinook (Feb 18)
Company: Murphy Oil Corporation more info
- Exxon Mobil Bets on Brazil, Buys 10 Oil Blocks in Auction (Sep 28)
- Murphy Oil CEO: Now is the Time for Deepwater to Come Back (May 02)
- Pilot Energy Inks Deal to Acquire Murphy's Stake in Permit WA-481-P Off WA (Jul 27)
Company: Atlantia Offshore Limited more info
- Atlantia Unveils SCR-friendly Semisub FPU (Feb 08)
- Aker Kvaerner to Install Thunder Hawk FPU (Jan 11)
- Independence Hub Successfully Integrated (Sep 26)