Global and RWE Dea Acquire Malta Seismic
Global Petroleum said that the Joint Venture Parties, RWE Dea AG (20% and Operator) and Global Petroleum Limited (80%) have just completed the acquisition of 852 km of 2D seismic over the ESA Area and has commenced the processing of this data and associated gravity and magnetic data as well as the reprocessing of the 2D seismic data recorded in 2000.
The Malta Government has agreed to a three-month extension to 31st March 2007 of the Exploration Study Agreement covering Blocks 4 & 5 of Area 3, Offshore Malta. The Option Date (for entering into a PSC) under the Farmin Agreement with RWE Dea AG has also been extended to 31st March 2007.
RWE Dea AG, who has farmed into Global's interest in the Exploration Study Agreement covering Blocks 4 & 5, has the right to earn up to a total 70% interest if the parties enter into a PSC with the Malta Government and RWE commits to the drilling of a well following the completion of the seismic program.
Current interests in Blocks 4 & 5 are:
--Global Petroleum Limited, 80% --RWE Dea AG, 20%
If RWE proceeds to the drilling of a well, the costs associated with Global's
equity in Blocks 4 & 5 will be carried by RWE for all activities through the
drilling of the well.
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Lundin Granted Drilling Permit in PL609 (Sep 10)
- Lundin Spuds Appraisal Well on Alta Discovery (Mar 25)
Company: Global Petroleum Limited more info
- Global Petroleum Appoints New Director (Jun 10)
- Global Petroleum Looking to Acquire New Projects, Remains 'Selective' (Jan 29)
- Global Petroleum Director Resigns from Board (Jan 22)