Eni Norge Completes Exploration Well on the Goliat Discovery
Eni Norge AS, operator for production license 229, has concluded drilling of wildcat well 7122/7-5 on the Goliat West structure and the sidetrack 7122/7-5 A on the Goliat main structure.
The production license is situated approximately 50 km southeast of the Snohvit field and approx. 85 km northwest of Hammerfest. Wildcat well 7122/7-5 was drilled to a total depth of 2205 m below the sea surface. It was completed in rocks from the Early Triassic Age. The sidetrack 7122/7-5 A was drilled to a total depth of 1950 m below the sea surface and completed in Middle Triassic rocks.
Sidetrack 7122/7-5 A proved an oil column in the Kobbe formation from the Middle Triassic Age which is now being evaluated as part of the resource estimate for the Goliat discovery. The well was not production-tested, but extensive logging and core sampling were carried out. Additional drilling is planned on the production license in the autumn of 2007.
Wildcat well 7122/7-5 and the sidetrack 7122/7-5 A were drilled using the Transocean's semisub, Polar Pioneer, in water depths of 371 meters. The Polar Pioneer will now drill wildcat well 7125/4-1 on the Nucula prospect for Hydro in production license 393 in the Barents Sea.
The licensees in production license 229 are Eni Norge as operator with 65%; Statoil with 20% and DNO with 15%.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: ENI more info
Operates 11 Offshore Rigs
- Italy Prosecutors Probe Eni For Tax Evasion At Refineries (Nov 22)
- Officials: BP, Eni Interested In Developing Iraq's Majnoon Oilfield (Nov 20)
- Eni's Giant Gas Field Prompts Egypt to End Imports in 2018 (Nov 15)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: DNO more info
- KRG Delivers Payments to Genel, DNO, Gulf for Tawke, Shaikan Production (Jan 23)
- DNO Makes Oil Find in Kurdistan Region of Iraq (Jan 09)
- Total, Shell, Eni Eligible to Bid for New Iran Oil, Gas Projects (Jan 03)