Bateman Litwin to Run Kashagan Training Program for Agip
Bateman Litwin (BNLN) said that its Kazakhstan Energy Division will initiate and operate an Agip KCO Training and Induction Program (TIP) to train Kazakh citizens in construction, operation and maintenance for the Kashagan Field Development Project in Atyrau. The contract, which will provide training for up to 1500 participants, is valued at over US$20 million.
The program will provide training in a number of high-demand areas such as: welding, pipe fitting, rigging and rebar working. It will also include health safety and environmental (HSE) courses as well as "on the job training" with project contractors. The program will be overseen by an advisory council consisting of Agip KCO personnel, delegates from the Atyrau Authorities and contractor representatives including Bateman Litwin, GATE and NCC.
Commenting on Monday's announcement, Vladimir Bohachevsky, CEO of the Bateman Kazakhstan Group said:
"We are pleased to be awarded this significant contract aimed at the long-term development of the Kazakh workforce. BNLN is constantly forging strategic partnerships with local collaborators to enhance services to clients. BNLN believes this program will increase the community's contribution in Kazakhstan's major oil projects. We also regard the award of this contract as additional proof of BNLN's professionalism and the trust the Contractor has in our expert capabilities."
BNLN acts as a general contractor on the lump-sum turnkey (LSTK) contract for an on-shore 230 MW power plant and for the engineering procurement and construction (EPC) contract of a utilities plant for Agip KCO.
AgipKCO is a company fully owned by Eni through Agip Caspian Sea B.V., operating the North Caspian Sea PSA on behalf of a consortium of oil companies: Eni (Operator), KazMunayGas, ExxonMobil, Shell, Total, ConocoPhillips and INPEX. Agip KCO is the Operator of the North Caspian Sea Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) for the development of 11 blocks in the Kazakhstan sector of the Caspian Sea, to which belongs the giant Kashagan field.
Bateman Litwin focuses on mid-sized Energy EPC contracts, principally executed on a lump-sum turnkey (LSTK) basis. The Company also provides technology solutions to the Phosphate Sector and Solvent Extraction Applications.
Operates 16 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- ExxonMobil to Lead Construction, Ops of Mozambique LNG Facilities (Dec 13)
- ExxonMobil Jumping in to Mexico Fuel Market With First US Cargo (Dec 06)
Company: Shell more info
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: ConocoPhillips more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- ConocoPhillips Vows Financial Discipline As Aims To Boost Output (Nov 08)
- ConocoPhillips' Profit Beats Estimates, But Budget Cut 10% (Oct 26)
- Most US Gulf Oil Output Offline Ahead of Tropical Storm Nate (Oct 06)
Company: KazMunayGas more info
- New UK Listing Rules Set to Attract State Companies Beyond Aramco (Jul 17)
- KMG Switches from Urals Supplies to Romanian Refineries as Prices Rise (Jul 11)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)
Company: Agip more info
- Niger Delta Avengers Attack Escravos Terminal (May 26)
- CAMAC Ups West African Interests (Dec 30)
- Saipem Wins Jack/St. Malo, Kashagan Contracts (Dec 16)
Company: Inpex more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Inpex Halts Construction At Australian LNG Site After Worker Dies (Nov 30)
- Japan's Inpex Says Ichthys LNG Project On Track For March Start (Nov 08)
- Statement: Indonesia To Extend Inpex's Masela LNG Contract By 27 Years (Oct 19)
Company: Bateman Litwin N.V. (BLNV) more info
- Two Executive Directors Resign at Bateman Litwin (Nov 06)
- Bateman Litwin Acquires Slovakian Engineering Firm (Feb 26)
- Bateman Litwin to Run Kashagan Training Program for Agip (Jan 08)