West Cycad-2 Spuds Offshore Australia
The West Cycad-2 well was spud on January 8th and is located in Production License TL/9 offshore Australia. The well is being drilled from the existing Victoria platform. The West Cycad oil discovery lies approximately 6 kilometers to the south of the platform at a depth of around 1,600 meters.
The West Cycad Oil Field was discovered by the West Cycad-1 exploration well in November 2006. The moderate reserves discovered at West Cycad will be economically recovered via the existing Victoria Oil Platform. The horizontal development well West Cycad-2 is planned to be completed in early February 2007 and is expected to add around 4,000 bopd to HJV production on start up.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty ltd as operator with 68.5%; Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229% and Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd with 19.2771%.
Operates 3 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)