CFE Extends Manzanillo LNG Bidding to March 2nd and June 27th
Mexico's state power company CFE has extended deadlines to submit bids for the supply and reception, storage and re-gasification components of the Manzanillo LNG project to March 2 and June 27 respectively from January 16 and March 26.
CFE extended the deadlines due to the high number of questions from potential bidders, according to CFE statements.
The supply contract entails the delivery of 500Mf3/d (14.2Mm3/d) of LNG for 20 years.
Groups interested in the supply contract include Transportaciones Maritimas Petroleras; Transportacion Maritima Mexicana; Shell Mexico Gas Natural; Sumitomo Corporation de Mexico; Grupo Anumen; Gastream Mexico; ChevronTexaco de Mexico; Transcanada Pipelines; and Sempra Energy.
Potential bidders for the reception, storage and re-gasification contract include Iberdrola; ICA Fluor Daniel; Marubeni; Mitsui; OHL; Sempra Energy; Techint; Tokio Gas; and Union Fenosa Gas.
The winner of this contract will also supply natural gas to CFE for 20 years.
Winners of the supply and reception, storage and re-gasification contracts will have to provide guarantees of US$120mn and US$85mn respectively at contract signing.
CFE expects the Manzanillo project in Colima state on the Pacific coast to begin operations in 2011.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
- Fluor to Lead Engineering, Procurement for $2.4B Texas Project (Oct 10)
- Fluor Wins Malaysia Isononanol Plant Contract (Aug 07)
- Fluor to Support FEED for Woodfibre Project Near Vancouver (Feb 17)
Company: Sempra Energy more info
- TransCanada Wins Mexico Pipeline Auction as Sempra Disqualified (Apr 08)
- US Approves Exports From Sempra's Cameron LNG Terminal (Feb 11)
- El Paso to Sell Mexican Pipeline Assets (Feb 24)
Company: Iberdrola more info
- DONG, Iberdrola Seal LNG Deal (Aug 12)
- Iberdrola to Supply LNG to DONG Energy from 2011 (Mar 17)
- Iberdrola Completes $55MM Placement in Petroceltic's Shares (Aug 22)