Tesco Appoints Tripodo CFO
Tesco Corporation announced that Mr. Anthony Tripodo has been named Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Tesco Corporation effective January 8, 2007.
Mr. Tripodo comes to Tesco with over 30 years of experience in advancing financial roles, most of which were in the oil and gas industry. He started his career in 1974 working on tax and audit issues for Price Waterhouse and Company. In 1980 Mr. Tripodo joined Baker Oil Tools in the finance organization. He advanced steadily during his 17-year career at Baker until his departure in 1997 as Vice President of Finance and Administration for Baker Performance Chemicals.
From 1997 to 2003 Mr. Tripodo functioned as Executive Vice President and President of the Americas and also as Chief Financial Officer for Veritas DGC, Inc. Since 2003 Mr. Tripodo has been Managing Director of Arch Creek Advisors, LLC as sole proprietor. Arch Creek specialized in financial consulting and M&A advisory services for the oil and gas industry.
Mr. Tripodo graduated with a degree in accounting from St. Thomas University in Florida. He has worked as a certified public accountant in Florida and is a licensed broker dealer with the SEC and NASD. He has been or is a board member for Helix Energy Solutions Group Inc., Petroleum Geo-Services ASA, and VETCO International Ltd.(Private).
Mr. Julio Quintana, Tesco President and Chief Executive Officer stated:
"We are very excited about attracting someone of Tony's caliber to Tesco. The fact that Tony is willing to join us is but another example of the recognition in the industry of Tesco's bright future. Tony's extensive experience in transitioning and growing public service companies will serve Tesco very well as we continue to increase shareholder value."
Mr. Tripodo replaces Mr. Michael Kearney, who has chosen to leave Tesco to pursue other interests. Mr. Quintana added, "I want to personally thank Mike for the time and effort he put into moving Tesco to where we are today. Tesco has experienced excellent growth over the last two years and Mike helped make this happen. All of us at Tesco wish Mike the very best in the coming years."
Tesco Corporation is a global leader in the design, manufacture and
service of technology based solutions for the upstream energy industry. The
Corporation's mandate is to change the way people drill wells by delivering
safer and more efficient solutions that add real value by reducing the
costs of drilling for and producing oil and gas.
- Baker Hughes: US Drillers Add The Most Oil Rigs In A Week Since June (Nov 10)
- US Oil Service Firms Face Hit from Venezuela Debt Restructuring (Nov 06)
- Baker Hughes: US Oil Rig Count Falls by Most in Week Since May 2016 (Nov 03)
Company: Tesco Corporation more info
- Schlumberger to Acquire Tesco Drilling Division for $45M (Apr 30)
- Tesco Appoints Industry Heavyweight to Drive North Sea Growth (Nov 24)
- TESCO Names Kayl as New Senior VP and CFO (Jul 03)
Company: Veritas DGC more info
- KBR Splits from Halliburton, Names New Board Members (Apr 09)
- Caspian Services Adds Seismic Source Vessel to Fleet (Mar 29)
- Former Head of Veritas DGC to Take Reins at Technip (Jan 16)
Company: Petroleum Geo Services ASA more info
- Borders & Southern Pens Seismic Deal with PGS (Oct 02)
- Chariot Raises Funds as it Prepares for Tapir South Drill (Mar 20)
- Petroleum Geo-Services Briefs Prelimeinary Results for 4Q, FY10 (Feb 17)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)