Petrobras Hires PetroRig 2 for Work Offshore Brazil
Petrobras has signed a five year drilling contract for work offshore Brazil (2400m water depth) with Larsen Oil and Gas Ltd of Aberdeen Scotland for the new build deepwater semisubmersible, PetroRig 2.
Operations are scheduled to start in Brazil by December 2009. The rig is owned by PetroMENA AS and is being built at Jurong Shipyard in Singapore.
The gross value of the contract is about US $645 million excluding options.
Due to the award of this contract for PetroRig 2 this gives Larsen Oil & Gas with PetroMENA AS the opportunity to declare the third option to build a similar deep water semisubmersible drilling rig at Jurong shipyard with delivery in Q1 2010.
Larsen Oil and Gas Ltd also has a similar drilling rig named PetroRig 1 (3000 m. water depth), owned by PetroMENA AS and also under construction at Jurong Shipyard contracted by Petrobras America to drill in the Gulf of Mexico. In addition there are 2 heavy duty (375ft) jackups under construction at Jurong shipyard, owned by PetroJack ASA and managed by Larsen Oil & Gas, with delivery in 2008.
Petrolia Drilling ASA owns approx. 43.5% of the shares in PetroMena AS.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: Jurong Shipyard more info
- NADL, Jurong Shipyard Extend Standstill Agreement for West Rigel (Jun 08)
- Maersk Drilling Acquires Newbuild Jackup from Hercules Offshore for $190M (May 27)
- Sembcorp Marine Dismisses EIG's Allegations on Sete Brasil Investment (May 25)
Company: Petrolia Drilling ASA more info
- RPT-Dubai's Drydocks World Signs $730 Mln North Sea Rig Deal (Jan 13)
- Venture Drilling, Russian Co Renegotiate Bareboat Agreement for Drillship (Jun 11)
- International Drilling Contractor Buys Petrorig I for $450MM (Mar 27)
Company: PetroMena more info
- Jurong Shipyard Exercises Right to Sell Petrorig I (Apr 29)
- PetroMena Denies Default on PetroRigs I & III (Apr 06)
- Seadrill Snaps Up Stake in Petromena's Bond Loan for 2 Deepwater Rigs (Mar 30)
Company: Larsen Oil & Gas Ltd more info
- LTHE Bags $140M EPIC Contract for India's Offshore Vasai East Project (Dec 29)
- Songa Offshore Enters Deepwater Drilling Market (Mar 24)
- Analysis: Pemex Strives to Increase Production through Offshore Drilling (Sep 11)