ANP Gives Nod to Meio Norte Gas Pipeline
Brazil's hydrocarbons regulator ANP has authorized natural gas transport company TMN to build the 948-km Gasoduto Meio Norte pipeline crossing three states in the country's northeastern region, ANP reported.
The authorization was published in the government's daily ledger.
Federal environmental protection agency Ibama in November granted a license for pipeline construction, meaning TMN now can advance with construction.
The pipeline, which has capacity of 5Mm3/d and a diameter of 20 and 18 inches, will link Ceara and Maranhao states, crossing Piaui state.
Pipeline investments are estimated at 2.3 billion reais (US$1.08 billion), according to local press, although 2005 estimates pegged investments at 1.2 billion reais. TMN officials in 2005 told BNamericas that construction was due to start in the second quarter of 2006 and operations in 2008.
TMN is controlled by gas distribution investment group CS Participacoes, which has a 45% stake in the company. Federal energy company Petrobras has another 45% and Maranhao state gas distribution company Gasmar and Piaui distribution company Gaspisa 5% each.
Visit BNamericas to access our real-time news reports, 10-year archive, Fact File company database, and latest research reports. Click here for a Free two week trial to our Latin America Oil & Gas information service.
Operates 34 Offshore Rigs
Manages 10 Offshore Rigs
- Exxon, Petrobras Form Alliance To Develop Oil, Gas Projects (Dec 14)
- Natural Gas In Petrobras Pipelines Up About 23% In 2017 (Dec 05)
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
Company: ANP more info
- Brazil Regulator Allows Petrobras To Source Libra Rig Hull From Abroad (Oct 04)
- Brazil's Prized Santos Basin Receives Single Bid In Oil Auction (Sep 27)
- Brazil Pre-Salt Oil Output Surpasses All Other Fields In June (Jul 31)
Company: Ibama more info
- Judge Orders Half Ibama Employees Back to Work (May 16)
- Ibama Employees Start Strike (May 15)
- Brazil to Split Ibama to Allow Focus on Licensing (Apr 27)
Company: TMN more info
- ANP Gives Nod to Meio Norte Gas Pipeline (Dec 29)