Lukoil: Two Aral Project Deals Signed
On Thursday the members of the consortium of investors, which includes Uzbekneftegaz, LUKOIL Overseas, Petronas Carigali Overseas, CNPC International Ltd. and KNOC Aral Ltd., signed a Joint Operating Agreement and the Single Operator Agreement in order to implement the Production Sharing Agreement (PSA) concerning the Uzbek sector of the Aral Sea.
In late October 2006, the Government of Republic of Uzbekistan adopted a resolution on the measures to implement the project, which provides the signing of the mentioned documents in two months' period.
The agreements set the terms and conditions for the establishment of the operating company, identify its functions and cover relations between the parties during the oil and gas operations under the PSA.
The effective date of the PSA is expected to come in the third decade of January 2007 when all the conditions precedent of the PSA are met and the protocol bringing the PSA into force is signed by the Government of Uzbekistan and the Consortium of investors. It is planned to complete the preparation of the memorandum of association and the founding documents of the operating company and register it with government authorities of the Republic of Uzbekistan by that time.
The tender to select the seismic contractor is planned to be concluded in mid-February 2007, with seismic operations starting in March 2007.
The PSA was signed on August 30, 2006 in Tashkent . Each member of the Consortium holds an equal share interest in the project. Exploration operations will be carried out in two phases. In the first phase, a 2D seismic survey of 2,300 kilometers will be performed and two exploration wells will be drilled for a minimal financial commitment of US$99.8 million under the minimal program during the first three years.
Based on the results of the first phase a feasibility study will be drafted and approved with subsequent approval of the commercial terms of the PSA, including the minimal program of the second phase, rates of taxes and other payments, as well as other parameters. Phase two exploration operations will be undertaken after the commercial terms of the PSA are approved.
- Romania Closes One Case Against Russia's Lukoil, Related Trial Still On (Nov 17)
- Transneft: Oil Supplies to Lukoil's Norsi Refinery Suspended Due to Fire (Oct 05)
- Russia's Lukoil Eyes Decade Of Oil Output Growth (Sep 20)
Company: PETRONAS more info
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- After Europe's Gas Market Disasters, LNG May Come to the Rescue (Dec 12)
- Petronas Unit Agrees Share Swap With Shell's Africa Operator (Dec 05)
- Malaysia's Petronas Asked To Exit Myanmar In Protest Of Rohingya Crisis (Nov 08)
Company: CNPC more info
- Petrobras CEO Says To Discuss Refining Partnership With CNPC CEO (Nov 15)
- CNPC Plans to Cut Gas Supplies to Industrial Users-State Media (Nov 06)
- China's CNPC Starts Third Natural Gas Pipeline To Shanghai (Oct 13)
Company: Uzbekneftegaz more info
- Tethys Pens MOU for Uzbek Exploration (Feb 01)
- Tethys Signs MOU with Uzbekneftegaz (Nov 18)
- ONGC, Uzbekneftegaz Join Forces in Uzbek Exploration (May 18)
Company: KNOC more info
- S.Korea's KNOC Says Drops Oil Field Project in Iraq's Sangaw South (Aug 22)
- S.Korea's KNOC In Talks With Kazakhstan To Drop Oil Field Project (Aug 05)
- S.Korea to Focus on Exploration as Cuts Overseas Energy Spend (Dec 04)