Shell Gets Green Light for Haltenbanken Drilling
Shell has received consent to conduct exploration drilling using the West Alpha on well 6406/9-2.
In July 2006 Shell received our consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6406/6-2 on Haltenbanken using the West Alpha.
The plan is to commence the new drilling operation at the end of January 2007, and it is expected to last for approximately 120 days plus testing, if applicable.
Well 6406/9-2 is part of production license 255 where Shell is operator and Petoro, Statoil and Total are the other licensees.
The West Alpha received an Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in December 2001.
Operates 30 Offshore Rigs
- UK Firm Intertek Says Employee Involved in Shell Oil Theft Case (Jan 17)
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
Company: Petroleum Safety Authority Norway more info
- Watchdog: Cost Cuts Appear To Harm Norway Oil Industry Safety (Feb 20)
- Norway To Investigate Oil Industry Safety After Accidents Rise (Nov 29)
- PSA Asks Statoil Whether Recent Incidents Related To Cost Cutting (Oct 26)