Transocean Wins Work for Two Semisubs
Transocean reports that Statoil has awarded a three-year drilling contract to the company's semisubmersible rig Transocean Searcher for operations offshore Norway. The three-year contract for Statoil on behalf of participants in the Gjoa Group is expected to commence in October 2008 in direct continuation of the rig's present contract with Statoil. Revenues which could be generated over the three-year contract are approximately $427 million.
In addition, the company announced that Total E&P UK PLC has awarded a one-year drilling contract extension to the company's semisubmersible rig Sedco 714 for operations in the U.K. North Sea. The one-year contract is expected to commence in November 2007 following the rig's present contract commitments with Total. Revenues which could be generated over the one-year extension to the contract are approximately $128 million.
The Transocean Searcher and Sedco 714 are two of 20 Other Floaters, or mid-water rigs, in the Transocean Inc. fleet. The Transocean Searcher is capable of operating in water depths of up to 1,500 feet. The rig entered service in 1983 and was upgraded to its current specifications in 1988. The Sedco 714 is capable of operating in water depths of up to 1,600 feet. The rig entered service in 1983 and was upgraded to its current specifications in 1997.
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 46 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)