Harriet JV Begins Bambra East Drilling Campaign
Tap Oil reports that the Bambra East drilling campaign commenced on December 20, 2006. The Bambra East Gas Field is located in Production License TL/1, and will be appraised by two deviated wells; Bambra East-1 and Bambra East-2 drilled from a common surface location. The objectives for the two wells are approximately 1 kilometer north and south respectively from the surface location.
To date, the Bambra East-1 has drilled ahead to 365 meters measured depth and will continue to drill to a total depth of approximately 2,600 meters measured depth (2,100 meters true vertical depth).
The Bambra East-1 and Bambra East-2 wells are designed to appraise the Bambra East Gas Field which is located to the east of the producing Bambra Field. The Bambra East Gas Field was discovered by the Bambra-1 well. Bambra East-1 is expected to take 8 days to reach total depth, while Bambra East-2 is expected to take a further 5 days to reach total depth.
The Bambra East appraisal project will determine the resource potential of the field and enable subsequent development planning to be undertaken.
Harriet Joint Venture participants are Apache Northwest Pty Lty as operator with 68.5%; Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd. with 19.2771; and Tap (Harriet) Pty Ltd with 12.2229%.
Operates 4 Offshore Rigs
- Ancala Acquires Apache's Two North Sea Gas Pipeline Assets (Nov 20)
- Apache Raises North America Output Forecast, Swings To Profit (May 04)
- Oil Producer Apache Posts Smaller-Than-Expected Loss (Nov 03)
Company: Tap Oil more info
- Mubadala Completes Drilling MNA-17 Well in the Manora Field Off Thailand (Sep 16)
- Quadrant Fails to Find Hydrocarbons at Driftwood-1 Well in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 16)
- Quadrant Spuds Driftwood-1 Well in Permit WA-320-P in Carnarvon Basin (Aug 02)
Company: Kuwait Foreign Petroleum Exploration Co. (KUFPEC) more info
- Shell Cancels Sale Of Thai Gas Field Stakes To Kuwait's KUFPEC (Oct 04)
- PETRONAS Awards SK410B PSC Offshore Malaysia to PTTEP-led JV (Jul 22)
- Chevron Signs Up Australia's Alinta To Buy Gas From Wheatstone (Apr 19)