Shell Gets Nod to Drill Wildcat in 6406/9-2
The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has granted A/S Norske Shell a drilling permit for wellbore 6406/9-2.
The drilling program for wellbore 6406/9-2 applies to drilling of a wildcat well in production license 255. Wellbore 6406/9-2 will be drilled using the West Alpha.
The licensees are: Shell 30%, Petoro 30%, Statoil 20% and Total 20%.
The area in this production license encompasses the following three blocks: 6406/5, 6406/6 and 6406/9 in the southern part of the Norwegian Sea, approx. 40 km west-northwest of Draugen and approximately 20 km north of Njord. Production license 255 was awarded in the 16th Licensing Round in 2000.
Previously a gas-condensate discovery was made (6406/6-1), as well as a gas discovery (6406/9-1), which will be delimited by this well (6406/9-2). This is the fourth well drilled in this license.
The West Alpha is currently drilling well 6406/6-2 for Shell in the Norwegian Sea.
The drilling permit is conditional upon the operator obtaining all other permits and consents required by other authorities before the drilling activity commences.
Operates 28 Offshore Rigs
- Shell Looks Beyond Road Fuels to Secure Future of Refining (Nov 06)
- API Panel Member: Voluntary Methane Program Forthcoming (Oct 06)
- Eni Bets Big on Zohr Explorer Finding New Treasure (Oct 06)
Company: Statoil more info
Operates 1 Offshore Rigs
- Sharp Fall In Applications For Norway's Arctic Oil Permits (Dec 05)
- Statoil Greenlights $6B Flagship Arctic Oil Project (Dec 05)
- Partners to Invest in New Gas Module at Troll C Platform (Nov 07)
Company: Total S.A. more info
- Total Starts Up Antwerp Refinery And Petrochem Complex After Upgrade (Nov 30)
- Hoegh LNG: Pakistan LNG Import Project Consortium Folds (Nov 16)
- France's Total Buys Engie's LNG Business For $1.5B (Nov 08)
Company: Petoro more info
- Aker Solutions Secures Johan Sverdrup Phase 2 FEED Contract (Mar 21)
- NPD Grants Consent for the Expansion of Nyhamna Gas Plant (Feb 10)
- Statoil Granted North Sea Drilling Permit by NPD (Dec 21)
Company: Seadrill Ltd more info
- Norway's Seadrill Gets Two Rival Debt Restructuring Proposals (Oct 23)
- Seadrill's Debt Overhaul Faces Creditor Scrutiny (Oct 02)
- Seadrill Files for Bankruptcy in Bid to Shrink Debt Burden (Sep 13)