Eni Gets Approval to Drill Well 6607/2-1 Offshore Norway
Eni Norge AS has received consent to conduct exploration drilling of well 6607/2-1 using the semisub Transocean Leader.
Well 6607/2-1 is part of production license 329 where Eni is operator. The other licensees are DONG Norge AS, Gaz de France Norge AS and Petoro AS.
The water depth at the site is approximately 860 meters. And the estimated duration of the activity is 41 days.
The rig received the Petroleum Safety Authority's Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) in December 2004.
Operates 12 Offshore Rigs
- Egypt's Potential Gas Surplus Could Feed Global LNG Glut (Feb 20)
- Egypt With Eni to Fast-Track Zohr Gas Output, Minister Says (Jan 31)
- Statoil Quits Talks Over Stake In Mozambique Offshore Gas Block (Jan 29)
Company: Transocean Ltd. more info
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Offshore Oil Recovery Beginning in World's Harshest Environments (Feb 21)
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)