Helix Appoints New Corporate Officers
Helix Energy Solutions said that its board of directors has elected William (Bill) E. Morrice, Brent Shinall, Troy Matherne and Stephen Rogers as officers of the company.
William (Bill) E. Morrice was promoted to Vice President -- Global Well Operations. Mr. Morrice joined Helix as General Manager of Well Ops UK in 2002 and has a Bachelor of Science degree from the Robert Gordon's University in Aberdeen and Postgraduate qualifications in Offshore Engineering and Project Management. Mr. Morrice is based in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Troy Matherne joined Helix in October 2006 and was promoted to Vice President -- Information Technology. He joined Helix from Dresser, Inc. where he was most recently Vice President and Chief Information Officer. Prior to that, Troy led the strategic marketing function for Baroid, a business unit of Halliburton. Troy's background also includes serving as Controller for Auchan, USA, running division operations, and leading a procurement organization. Troy received an MBA from Rice University and has a B.S. in Economics from the University of Houston.
Brent Shinall joined Helix in November 2006 to head the company's newly formed Global Supply Chain department, and has been elected as Vice President --Supply Chain Management. Prior to joining Helix, Mr. Shinall worked for Royal Caribbean Cruises as Director of Technical Purchasing responsible for the supply chain management for Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruise Lines' fleet of 30 cruise ships. Mr. Shinall also worked as Managing Director of Aircraft Programs Purchasing for American Airlines and has a B.S. in Industrial Engineering from Louisiana Tech University and a Master of Science in Management degree from the University of Alabama, Huntsville.
Stephen Rogers joined Helix in May of this year responsible for Business Development in the Eastern Hemisphere, and was recently promoted to Vice President -- International Business Development. Mr. Rogers is based in Singapore. Stephen joined Helix from Halliburton where he filled various managerial positions for KBR, Subsea 7, Halliburton Energy Services Group and Brown & Root Energy Services in the Asia Pacific Region. He has a Bachelor of Commerce degree with Honors from the University of Western Australia.
Bart Heijermans, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer of Helix commented, "The recent acquisition of a majority interest in Well Ops SEA, formerly known as SEATRAC, and the announcement of a new-build well intervention vessel to join our existing well intervention fleet consisting of the MSV Seawell and the MSV Q4000, demonstrates our commitment to strengthening our leadership position in the global well operations market and the promotion of Bill Morrice to the Vice President of Global Well Operations provides us with experienced managerial leadership our customers deserve. The recent hiring of Brent Shinall and Troy Matherne is evidence of our efforts to build a solid support platform for our growth and our focus on cost effective and productive operations. The addition of Stephen Rogers highlights our plans for the growth of our service lines in the Australia and South East Asia regions."
Helix Energy Solutions, headquartered in Houston, Texas, is an energy services company that provides innovative solutions to the oil and gas industry worldwide for marginal field development, alternative development plans, field life extension and abandonment, with service lines including diving services, shelf and deepwater construction, robotics, well operations, well engineering and subsurface consulting services, platform ownership and oil and gas production.
- Halliburton Posts International Revenue Growth, Unlike Schlumberger (Oct 23)
- Halliburton CEO Defends Fracking Business as Margins Disappoint (Oct 23)
- Venezuela's IOUs Pile Up, Keeping US Oil Servicers in Tow (Aug 23)
Company: Subsea 7 more info
- Subsea 7 Shares Surge On Special Dividend, Q4 Earnings Beat (Mar 02)
- Subsea 7 Takes Delivery of New Vessels (Feb 02)
- Report: Oil, Gas Companies in Aberdeen Face Tax 'Bombshell' (Dec 19)
Company: Dresser, Inc. more info
- GE to Acquire Dresser for $3B (Oct 06)
- Riverstone Leads Investor Group in Dresser Acquisition (Mar 13)
- Briscoe to Head Investor Relations at Transocean (Jan 12)
Company: KBR more info
- Australia's CIMIC Sues Chevron Over $1.4B Gorgon LNG Construction Dispute (Aug 22)
- Australia's UGL Faces More Provisions On Work For Ichthys LNG (Jun 06)
- Oil-Sands Slump Doesn't Feel So Bad for Canada Maintenance Crews (Jan 14)
Company: Helix Energy Solutions more info
- Helix Inks Petrobras Deal Offshore Brazil (Feb 11)
- Jurong Shipyard Bags $346M Deal to Build Well Intervention Rig for Helix (Sep 12)
- Helix to Build Additional Newbuild Semisub (Jul 31)