Hellerstein and McMahon Join Transocean Board
Transocean Inc. said Monday that it has added two new members to its Board of Directors, effective December 7, 2006. Mark A. Hellerstein was appointed as a Class III Director, and Michael E. McMahon was appointed as a Class II Director.
Hellerstein is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of St. Mary Land & Exploration Company, where he is scheduled to become non-executive Chairman on February 26, 2007. He previously served as President and Chief Financial Officer of St. Mary Land & Exploration Company.
McMahon, co-founder of Pine Brook Road Partners LLC, a New York-based private equity firm, previously served as Executive Counselor to the Governor of Rhode Island and worked as an investment banker at Lehman Brothers, Salomon Brothers and J.P. Morgan. In addition, McMahon is a former board member of Spinnaker Exploration Company, L.L.C., Triton Energy Ltd., Numar Corporation and Marine Drilling Companies.
The term of Class III Directors runs to the 2008 Annual General Meeting, and the term of Class II Directors runs to the 2009 Annual General Meeting.
Manages 53 Offshore Rigs
- Oil's Biggest Rigs Headed to Junkyard as Daily Losses Mount (Oct 18)
- Transocean To Buy Norwegian Rig Firm Songa Offshore For $1.1B (Aug 15)
- Borr Drilling Signs Deal With Transocean to Buy 15 Rigs (Mar 20)
Company: St. Mary Land & Exploration Company more info
- St. Mary to Focus Efforts in Rocky Mountain Region (Mar 18)
- St. Mary Maintains Borrowing Base at $900MM (Mar 18)
- St. Mary Updates Status of Rocky Mountain Divestitures (Jan 08)